This course will introduce you to the basic principles of Hygiene and Food Safety.
You will learn how to develop the fundamental aspects of a food safety system by ensuring that Awareness, Understanding and Implementation take place in the correct order so that a solid foundation for safe food can be built.
In this course you will learn:
- Why food safety is important
- Understand food poisoning and how foods can get contaminated
- Bacteria, and the most common food poisoning micro-organisms
Prevent food poisoning by using the food safety pillars:
- How to clean and sanitize correctly
- The importance of handwashing and personal hygiene
- How to store foods in a fridge safely as well as the correct way to keep dry foods.
- The importance of temperature control in food safety
- How to handle food in your kitchen by avoiding cross-contamination, defrosting, cooling and reheating of foods.
If food safety is not being monitored, there can be no management.
Finally, this course will help you monitor important food safety areas so that you can manage your food safety with peace of mind.
correct cleaning and sanitising procedures
Ensure good personal hygiene